Beth E. Gaschen concentrates her practice on bankruptcy/insolvency matters and business and bankruptcy-related litigation. She represents debtors, creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, asset purchasers, and others in chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings, as well as out-of-court restructurings. Ms. Gaschen also represents receivers and assignees for the benefit of creditors.
Ms. Gaschen served a judicial externship to the Honorable Terry J. Hatter, Jr., United States District Court Judge for the Central District of California, and a judicial externship to the Honorable John E. Ryan, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California. Upon graduation, Ms. Gaschen served a judicial clerkship for the Honorable Erithe A. Smith, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California from August 2006 to August 2009.
In 2016, Ms. Gaschen was selected as one of 40 “up and coming” bankruptcy attorneys from across the nation to participate in the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges’ Next Generation Program. Ms. Gaschen has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Super Lawyers magazine in both 2015 and 2016. Ms. Gaschen was a Director of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum from 2010-2014, and its President from 2013-2014, and is also a member of the Orange County Bar Association and the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation.
- Bankruptcy, Workouts and Insolvency Matters
- Business and Commercial Litigation
Professional Associations & Community Involvement
- Director, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, 2010-2014
- President, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, 2013-2014
- Orange County Bar Association
- IWIRC, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Moderator, Busting Trusts, Orange County Bar Association Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section (2015)
- Panelist, Are You Still Smarter Than a 5th Year, California Bankruptcy Forum Annual Insolvency Conference (2010)
Recognition & Honors
- Included in the Best Lawyers in America© 2019 list for “Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law”
- Selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers
2015 & 2016 Rising Star List
University of California, San Diego (Bachelor of Arts in Sociology 2003)
Chapman University School of Law (Juris Doctor 2006)
- California State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California