David M. Goodrich
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
David M. Goodrich has represented bankruptcy trustees, large financial companies, distressed businesses, secured and unsecured creditors, and commercial litigants throughout California in matters involving bankruptcy law, finance and lender law, real estate law and business litigation since 2000.
Mr. Goodrich is a member of the Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Panel of Trustees, appointed by the Office of the United States Trustee, serving in the Los Angeles Division of the Central District of California (2011). Mr. Goodrich has been certified as a bankruptcy law specialist by the State Bar of California (2010). Mr. Goodrich currently serves as a commissioner on the Bankruptcy Law Advisory Commission which prepares, administers and grades examinations for lawyers seeking certification as bankruptcy law specialists from the State Bar of California.
Mr. Goodrich also serves on the board of directors for the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum (President 2016-2017). Mr. Goodrich is also a member of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, the Orange County Bar Association and the Los Angeles Bar Association.
Mr. Goodrich graduated from the University of Arizona with a BA in political science and earned his JD from Whittier Law School.
- Bankruptcy Law and Litigation
- Corporate Restructuring
- Chapter 7 and 11 Trustee Representation
- Chapter 11 Debtor-in-Possession Representation
- Unsecured Creditor Committee Representation
Professional Associations & Community Involvement
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
- California Bankruptcy Forum (Board Member 2017 and 2018)
- Bankruptcy Law Advisory Commission (2017 – 2021)
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- The Pivotal Election of a Bankruptcy Appeal, Law360 (November 4, 2016)
- Involuntary Exposure – Do a Petitioning Creditor’s Losses End in the Bankruptcy Court?, Bloomberg BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Reporter (December 8, 2016)
- Hiding Assets in California, Law Journal Newsletters (June 2017)
Recognition & Honors
- Bankruptcy Law Specialist – State Bar of California (2010)
- Bankruptcy Law Advisory Board Commissioner – State Bar of California (2017)
- Southern California Super Lawyer (2016, 2017 and 2018)
- Certificate of Appreciation – United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (2017)
- Pro Bono Volunteer Recognition (2016 – 2017)
University of Arizona (Bachelor of Arts in Political Science 1997)
Whittier Law School (Juris Doctor 2000)
- California State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
WGG is dedicated to learning the nuances and complexities of your business and industry, and in bringing the right talent and resources to solve your issue. Our objective is to identify and deliver practical solutions for the complex financial challenges our clients face. We see the big picture and create order from chaos to deliver the right result.